I know, I know – I’m a little late here. I’ve been a busy mama though, so please pardon my tardiness and my absence over the last few weeks … er … okay, months. I’m usually much better about keeping up with my commitments, and I won’t make excuses for myself. I’ll admit it: I’ve been severely slacking on this whole blogging thing. Which is why I’ve decided to embrace the whole “set goals for 2016” trend that’s happening in the blogosphere and document my goals for the new year. Even though it’s January 8… LOL.
First, I’ll just recap 2015. It’s been a crazy year for me and the kiddos. My husband and I went through a period of struggle. Our relationship hit the rocks when he lost his job and we started to cave. And by “we” I mean our bank account. We were not doing well financially. Which should have motivated me to blog more and really pursue this whole mompreneur outlet, but I had to pick up where we were lacking and find work. I’ve been getting a steady paycheck from a company for about 2 months now, and we’re finally getting back on our feet, but it was a pretty scary time for a while there. The good news is, he finally found employment last week, and it’s going to be enough to cover us so that I won’t have to work anymore! So I’m going to quit my job and get back into blogging and raising our kids. 🙂 If you can’t tell, I’m really excited about it…
So, here are my goals for this upcoming year:
- Blog consistently. I’m kind of new to this whole thing, but if there’s one thing I’ve learned already, it’s that consistency is key. Whether it’s once a day, once a week, once a month, or once a quarter, I will not succeed without some sort of regular editorial calendar.
- Learn affiliate marketing. I hear it’s a great way to monetize your blog and bring in passive income, so I’m going to learn and implement it as soon as I can. I may not do it here though (this is more of my personal ranting sphere). I have another business website that I’ll use to post affiliate links and ads to bring in extra change.
- Write an ebook. Another great way to monetize (or so I hear.) Plus it will give me great practice and help me hone my craft. I keep seeing all these ads on Facebook from successful entrepreneurial women who are making massive amounts of money from writing blogs, ebooks and conducting courses on how they achieved success. If they can do it, so can I!
- Spend more time with my family. Here I am going on and on about all my work plans that I almost forgot to mention the hubs and kiddos. It’s so important that I don’t get buried in my business that I start to neglect my family, so I’m committing here and now, on the world wide web, to spend at least 2-4 hours with them every day – preferably in the evenings, after work and before bed. It’ll be easier since I’ll be working from home.
- Create a passive income of $50K by the end of this year. At least one of these goals needed to be a hard and fast number, or you and I both know this whole exercise is just a waste of time. I’m committing to an exact income level and a deadline of December 31, 2016… Can I do it? We shall see! I’ll keep you posted on my progress right here on the blog, so check back for updates!